Looking for a potential employer? Each year NJBIZ comes up with its list of New Jersey’s 50 Fastest Growing Companies. This year almost half of the 50 companies NJBIZ mentioned are tech or tech-related, a good indication of the importance of the tech sector to the state’s economy.
The winning companies were ranked according to revenue growth over a three-year period, NJBIZ said, and both dollar and percentage increases were taken into consideration.
Many of the tech companies on this list are IT consulting or staffing firms. Keep in mind that these companies are located in New Jersey, but the number of people employed in the state, in some cases, will not match the total number of employees provided. The list and the data on the numbers of employees are from NJBIZ. We’ve also added our own information.
Here they are, with their rankings:
2) CardCash: Brick-based CardCash shows up on everyone’s list of the fastest growing companies. The firm employs 120 people. We’ve talked about CardCash quite a bit this year, and the company just came out with a mobile version of its product, which should further accelerate its growth.
9) Acuative: Acuative, in Fairfield, is an IT and networking service provider employing 650 people. The company has grown through acquisitions.
11) Axtria: The business and consulting company Axtria (Berkeley Heights), which is involved in data analytics, is on many “fastest growing” lists. It employs 650 people.
13) Avaap: An IT company based in Edison, Avaap employs 142 people. The company has been on Computerworld’s “100 Best Places to Work in IT.”
15) ConsultADD: Based in Jersey City, ConsultADD employs 160 people in software development and consulting, and works with some very big clients.
18) Compunnel Software Group: An IT software and staff augmentation company based in Plainsboro, Compunnel employs 1,150 and offers application development, cloud computing and information management to large companies.
19) Billtrust: Hamilton-based Billtrust is in the fintech space. The company provides payment-cycle management solutions and employs 350 people.
21) PamTen: PamTen, based in Princeton, has 98 employees and delivers IT solutions and development services. One of their specialties is big data and data analytics.
22) iCIMS: Software-as-a-Service company iCIMS (Mattawan) delivers a talent acquisition suite that enables companies to hire the right people faster, according to its website. The company employs about 470 people.
23) SPHERE Technology Solutions: Located in Jersey City, SPHERE is a relatively small employer, with 25 people on board. Yet the company has moved offices recently to accommodate its growth. SPHERE has created a niche in providing analytics, remediation strategies and automated solutions for assessing risk.
25) Precision Technologies: Kendall Park-based Precision Technologies Corp. is another IT staffing and solutions company. It employs 77 people.
30) Vitals: When NJBIZ published this list, there were 165 people employed at Vitals, the Lyndhurst-based Internet company that helps people find doctors through a variety of search mechanisms.
31) Technomax: Princeton-based Technomax says it has grown organically to become one of New Jersey’s fastest-expanding technology consultancies, built on a heritage of thought leadership and innovative approaches, and meeting or exceeding client expectations. The company employs 62 people.
35) SBS Group: SBS Group (Edison) offers business technology services and employs 148. The company is a Microsoft Gold Partner and Master VAR (value-added reseller), providing consulting and IT services to organizations across the nation. It specializes in ERP, customer relationship management (CRM) and business intelligence services.
36) Intone Networks: Established in 2003, Intone Networks is a global IT solutions company with over 10 years of experience in providing consulting services. Located in Iselin, the company employs 800 people.
37) High Point Solutions: Sparta-based High Point Solutions calls itself a “leading technology partner for some of the world’s largest IT vendors.” The company employs 133.
38) daVIZta: Located in Bridgewater, daVIZta employs 90 people. The company is involved in revenue analytics. “To us it means a decision support system based on a solid data foundation that helps finance and contracting leaders predict revenue and effectiveness of pricing incentives.”
39) Lorven Technologies: Lorven (Plainsboro) provides high-quality, cost-effective strategic IT solutions, as well as staffing and training services, the company says. The company employs 24.
41) Optima Global Solutions: Lawrence Township-based Optima Global is a provider of custom software services that leverage emerging technology trends. The company has 21 employees.
45) IT America Inc.: IT America, based in Edison, has 269 employees. The company specializes in ERP implementation and consulting.
47) MindLance: Headquartered in Hoboken, MindLance is the largest tech employer on this list, with 2,300 people on its staff. “We strive to deliver value through the combination of right people, processes, technologies and program management solutions,” the company says on its website.
48) Inflexion Interactive: Also based in Hoboken, Inflexion Interactive is a web design/development and digital marketing company that has garnered several awards for its work. The company employs 25.
49) Datapipe: Still growing rapidly, Jersey City-based Datapipe architects, deploys and manages multi-platform hybrid IT solutions for enterprises. The company now has 700 employees.
You can find out more about the 50 companies on the list by visiting the NJBIZ website here.