Meet the Newark Venture Partners Labs Spring 2017 Cohort
Newark Venture Partners Labs, the accelerator formed by Newark Venture Partners, has two goals: to accelerate promising tech companies so they eventually can have successful exits and to bring companies to Newark that will create jobs and economic activity. NVP Labs has just announced the launch of its second cohort.
Actually, this cohort has already been on-site in Newark for two weeks, Managing Partner Tom Wisniewski told NJTechWeekly.com.
“We had an overwhelming number of high quality applicants, and want to thank everyone who applied,” said NVP in a release announcing the class. “The eleven companies that we selected for the class represent 2 percent of applications, and cover a range of sectors and geographies. Our company founders have come from NY, NJ, Raleigh, Toronto and as far away as London.”
The companies in this class are working on analyzing IoT data, adding metrics to the creative development process, streamlining clinical analysis for healthcare professionals, reducing security risks from open-source software, and providing peace of mind to university students, the announcement said.
The participating startups receive a $100,000 investment in exchange for a 6 percent equity stake. Newark Venture Partners Labs provides post-accelerator access to its investor network and guarantees a co-investment in the first venture financing.
The startups, which are located in a 2,500-square-foot cutting-edge facility in the same building as Audible and the Rutgers Business School, have access to Audible system engineers and architects, data scientists, technologists and business experts; as well as graduate-level engineering and business associates from the greater Newark area, including Rutgers and NJIT.
Descriptions of the second-cohort companies follow:
- CircleLink Health enables healthcare professionals to monitor and manage their patients’ conditions through the patients’ own mobile phones. CircleLink was previously a Dreamit Ventures accelerator company.
- Claim it! offers the chance to win amazing free products in a specific city or town.
- DocDelta harnesses the power of big data to help healthcare institutions find and retain top talent. DocDelta was part of the Blueprint Health accelerator in New York.
- Envested is a software platform that centralizes all forms of workplace giving (time, talent and money) to make it easier for you to get your employees involved.
- GitLinksmonitors open-source components with a platform that detects open-source codes in applications and tracks license compliance, security vulnerabilities and needed updates.
- POMCO offers a smart, one-button personal safety device called the “POM.” It’s a keychain-sized mechanism that instantly connects community members directly with campus safety, 911 or their friends.
- SAM.AI is a fully integrated platform that utilizes artificial intelligence and data visualization to improve your sales and marketing.
- Trendalyze is the first “motif discovery platform” specifically built to scale for big data and IoT sensor data in order to monetize data patterns.
- Veritonic is a marketing intelligence platform for benchmarking and testing audio in advertising.
- WearAway is a B2B online rental platform for wardrobe and prop rentals for film, TV and advertising productions.
- WellSheet uses machine learning to create a one-sheet view of a patient with complicated health issues, improving efficiency and accuracy at the point of care.