[This article was taken from NJTW News, an NJTechWeekly.com newsletter. Sign up for it here.]
NJIT Appoints New President
- Teik C. Lim will be NJIT’s new president starting July 1, 2022, succeeding Joel S. Bloom.
- Lim currently serves as the interim president of the University of Texas at Arlington.
- “As an engineer who attended polytechnic universities for my bachelor’s and master’s degrees … the chance to lead NJIT’s continuing growth into a preeminent public polytechnic research university is very appealing to me,” he said.
- Lim will be the first person of color to assume the presidency of NJIT, which is one of the most diverse universities in the United States, the university said in a statement.
Want to Run A Tech And Arts Festival?
- Those of you who loved TechUnited:NJ’s Propelify Innovation Festival will welcome the announcement that the NJEDA has begun accepting applications for the NJ Arts and Innovation Festival Challenge Grant.
- This competitive grant will provide $2 million to a for-profit or nonprofit entity to support the organization and execution of an arts and innovation festival in 2022.
National Science Foundation (NSF) I-Corps Regional Program Launches
- Princeton University announced that the NSF Innovation Corps (I-Corps Northeast Regional) Hub Program has launched.
- The I-Corps program helps researchers explore the potential for their discoveries to become products and services that can benefit society.
- Researchers form teams and attend a four-session program focused on identifying how their innovations can meet customer needs.
- Teams can include faculty, postdoctoral researchers, graduate students and/or undergraduates who are developing a scientific or technical discovery at any institution in the Northeast.
- For more information, visit the website here.