Fiserv and Rutgers Partner for Inclusive Fintech Innovation; SunRay Scientific Raises $2.5 Million
[This article was taken from NJTW News, an NJTechWeekly.com newsletter. Sign up for it here.]
Fiserv And Rutgers Partner
- Fiserv and Rutgers University–Newark announced that they are partnering to create and fund the Fiserv-RU-N Program for Inclusive Innovation
- The fund will drive diversity and innovation within the financial technology field and offer career opportunities to those from underserved communities.
- Fiserv will provide $5.15 million in total funding for the Fiserv-RU-N Program.
- The program will include the creation of a center on the Rutgers-Newark campus for research and startup incubation focused on technology and commerce.
SunRay Scientific Raises $2.5 Million
- Eatontown-based SunRay Scientific, which makes custom engineered interconnect solutions for advanced electronic packaging, has raised an additional $2.5 million.
- A number of New Jersey-based funders participated in the round, including current investors Tech Council Ventures (Summit) and JumpStart NJ Angel Network (New Brunswick).
- New investors were: Golden Seeds Ventures (New York), SoundBoard Venture Fund (Montclair), Westchester Angels (White Plains, NY), Tidal River (Stamford, Conn.); Broad Street Angels (Philadelphia), Harvard Business School Alumni (Boston), Delaware Crossing (Warrington, Pa. and Lawrenceville); and the Angel Investor Forum (Fairfield, Conn).