| Shimon Bouganim via LinkedIn
Each quarter, Cybersecurity Ventures (Northport, NY) announces the Cybersecurity 500, a global compilation of leading companies that provide cybersecurity solutions and services. The company says that every quarter there are many new entrants into this market, as well as new mergers and acquisitions, investments and IPO activity — all resulting in constant change in the vendor and service-provider landscape.
The Cybersecurity 500 is meant to create awareness and recognition of the most innovative cybersecurity companies, including the largest and most recognizable brands, VC-backed startups and emerging players, small firms with potentially game-changing technologies and solution providers poised for growth around productized or vertically focused services.
“In 2016, we are placing a greater emphasis on ‘pure play’ cybersecurity firms that focus mainly on advisory, consulting, specialized staffing and support services,” said Steve Morgan, founder and CEO of Cybersecurity Ventures and editor-in-chief of the Cybersecurity 500 list.
Seven New Jersey companies are on the most recent list (courtesy of Cybersecurity Ventures):
- Verizon Enterprise (Basking Ridge), #58. Sector: Network and Data Security. “We continually monitor, analyze and learn from actual breaches to identify new attack patterns and combat them. And the visibility across our global IP networks provides insights into the nature of attacks, helping us create appropriate countermeasures. This intelligence-driven strategy allows you to take a proactive approach to protecting your organization. Your security strategy can now address the constantly changing nature of threats, helping you prevent future attacks and mitigate their damage to your business and reputation.”
- AT&T Network Security (Bedminster), #113. Sector: Managed Security and Consulting. “AT&T Security Solutions help provide the first line of defense for your network from external and internal attacks. Our portfolio of managed and consulting solutions help you take a proactive, comprehensive approach to security, compliance and business continuity.”
- Enforcive (Hackensack), #129. Sector: Data Security Software. “Enforcive provides comprehensive security solutions to help businesses reduce workloads, satisfy auditors and improve responsiveness to security threats. For over two decades, Enforcive has been providing solutions within mission critical environments using platforms including IBM i, System z, AIX, Linux and Windows.”
- Rsam (Secaucus), #190. Sector: IT Governance, Risk and Compliance. “Rsam offers the most intuitive and flexible solutions to successfully manage your organization’s unique risk, compliance and security needs. Rsam GRC and Security Risk Intelligence (SRI) automates processes and transforms data into intelligence, allowing you to minimize risk exposure, maintain compliance, and gain efficiencies to decrease overall cost of compliance and optimize business performance.”
- Prevalent Networks (Warren), #308. Sector: Third-Party Risk Management. “Prevalent Networks was founded in January 2004 with two goals. First, to work with the leaders in information security, compliance, risk management to deliver information anywhere, security everywhere. And second, to do whatever it takes to create value for our clients. As the company has grown, these goals have continued to be the basis by which the company is managed.”
- Grid32 Security (Newark), #418. Sector: Cybersecurity Consulting Services. “Grid32 was founded in New York City in 2009 by a small group of … information-security experts. We provide independent computer system and physical security audit services to government and corporate clients of all sizes. Our holistic approach focuses on providing the best long-term outcomes for your organization’s performance. Our information security experts have performed work for the Department of Energy, Department of Defense, Cisco and other leading organizations across the globe.”
- BIO-key (Wall), #442. Sector: Fingerprint Biometric Identification. “BIO-key International is a … provider of fingerprint biometric identification, secure mobile credentialing and user identity verification solutions. We help customers reduce risk and protect the value of their services and assets, while minimizing the ongoing costs for Access Control and Identity Management.”