TechLaunch, the tech accelerator begun in collaboration with the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (EDA), announced its first startup class on August 13, 2012.
The accelerator provides the portfolio companies early seed-stage funding, mentorship, key services and exposure to qualified investors through its 12-week LaunchPad I accelerator program, which ends with Demo Day on November 1.
The class includes:
- CodeSquare — Offline-to-online mobile solution for businesses to engage and reward customers instantly, connect via social media and lower acquisition costs.
- Echolocation — Mobile social networking application that provides a real-time view of user-generated content from a community’s individuals, organizations and local businesses.
- Flying Kick — Interactive mobile menu application thoughtfully designed to improve the dining experience.
- Nickelbus — Online service for planning long-distance trips using multiple private bus companies.
- NuSkool — Online library of lessons for teachers featuring pop culture content and streaming videos.
- Pervasive Group — Mobile-to-mobile parental control solution for smartphones that can prevent texting while driving and limit content, usability or both.
- Photoflow — Event-based photo sharing service that aggregates content from multiple users and images from photo booths stationed at a venue.
- QuickClix — Mobile platform for planning casual events with small groups of friends.
- SeamBLiSS — Online platform that allows consumers to connect and collaborate directly with emerging fashion designers for one-off, custom-designed clothing.
- True College Bound — Social media platform for athletes that connects college recruits, coaches and fans.
All the companies have already begun participating in the accelerator program, held at Montclair State University. “Our expectation is that come Demo Day on November 1, the angel and early seed-stage investors who attend will be impressed by an intriguing suite of portfolio companies poised for success,” Mario Casabona, TechLaunch founder and general partner, said.