[This article was taken from NJTW News, an NJTechWeekly.com newsletter. Sign up for it here.]
SOSV Signs 10-Year Lease In Newark
- Princeton-based venture capital firm SOSV has signed a 10-year lease for a 35,000-square-foot space at 707 Broad Street in Newark
- The space will serve as the U.S. Headquarters of the company’s HAX hard tech accelerator.
- HAX is expected to build out the space with attractive areas for startups to work plus the equipment needed by engineers working there to prototype their technologies.
- Five startup companies are already engaged in the program at HAX’s temporary quarters in Newark, which are in the same building.
- Last year, Governor Phil Murphy announced that the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) would match SOSV’s $25 million investment, bringing funding for the project to $50 million.
Vonage Moves HQ To Bell Works
- Vonage, a global cloud communications company that helps businesses accelerate their digital transformations, has moved its headquarters to Bell Works in Holmdel, a few minutes from its long-time company headquarters, also in Holmdel.
- The company is moving to Campus, a flexible workspace within Bell Works.
- “Holmdel has been our home for more than a decade, and we remain committed to this community,” said Stephen Lasher, CFO at Vonage.
- “Like many companies, in the past two years we have moved to a hybrid working environment,” he added.
- “The dynamic, creative, and tech-focused space at Bell Works will allow us to continue to expand right here in New Jersey as we continue to work toward making Vonage a top company for great talent,” Lasher said.