By now, most technology marketers know that creating expert online marketing content, in and of itself, is just not enough. Quality content is a critical first step—that much is clear. But what good is insightful content if it’s not being read?
An effective content marketing strategy includes a social media component—one that extends the reach of the message being conveyed. That’s where content sharing programs come in. Companies with content sharing programs make it easy for employees to become social ambassadors for their firm.
These companies are essentially harnessing the power of their staff to promote, share and engage company expert content with their own social followings. This gives the CMO an opportunity to exponentially amplify all of the hard-earned expert content that’s been created.
A content sharing program can take the form of an established internal communications process that shares social posts regularly via company portal or email. Once a content sharing program is in place, you’ll have a highly effective way of expanding the reach of your message.
Sounds great… but where do you start?
Here are five tactics you can use to enable employees in your organization to share the content your marketing team has created:
1. A simple first step is to ask all current employees to follow and engage with all of the company social sites. Remind them on a regular basis.
2. Next, look at new hires. As part of their orientation session, review each and every company online asset, such as website and social sites. This is an effective level-setting exercise; you’d be surprised at how many employees are never even are aware of their own company’s online platforms.
3. When employees have access to your important content via your online platforms, encourage them to share it with prospects, customers and partners. If you want a specific person or organization to see what you’ve shared, be sure to use their twitter handle or tag them on Facebook to call them out.
4. Twice per month, do a social digest that circulates to all employees offering some of the key social posts for that time period—anything from your organization’s latest published blog article to press releases to partner news.
5. Take advantage of apps to automate posts to employees. With this, all it takes is the click of a button from their smartphones to share a post that you have loaded into the app.
Create good content and get it in front of as many eyes as possible. That’s your goal. Though it can seem daunting at first, you can easily multiply your exposure and expand the brand reach of your company in just a short period of time.
[Leadarati helps IT firms drive value and increase opportunities through social, digital and online communications.]